The Strongest Member of the Ossining Police Force Is Made of Steel!
- Drop unwanted, unused, expired medicines (including over-the-counter items and pet meds) in Ossining’s MedReturn box, available 24/7 inside the police station door at 88 Spring Street. Remove or obscure any personally identifying information on the packaging.
- Never share your prescriptions. Never take anyone else’s prescription meds.
- Keep medicines secure—preferably in a locked cabinet.
- Check guidelines for your specific drugs before you flush or trash them.
- Use Ossining’s Prescription Take-Back events as a regular reminder to dispose safely.
- NEXT EVENT: DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY, 10 AM TO 2 PM, 88 SPRING STREET
Drug overdose is now the leading cause of accidental death in the United States, accounting for more deaths than traffic fatalities or gun homicides and suicides.
Substance abusers often start the spiral toward addiction by using prescription opioids obtained from someone they know or pills legitimately prescribed for them for a medical condition. For some, addiction can occur within the course of a single prescription, and once addicted, it can be hard to stop. Ultimately substituting heroin for the prescription is easy—heroin has become readily available and is much cheaper than the cost of a diverted prescription pill sold illegally.
Proper disposal of unwanted medicines prevents them from being diverted, misused, or abused, and keeps these substances from entering the water supply.
Follow us on Facebook for regular prevention and parenting messages.
OSSINING IS THE
Comes together to secure the long-term health and well-being of Ossining youth and their families
Assists our residents—especially parents and young people—by providing education, resources, and services for substance-abuse response and prevention
Reduces the use of alcohol and drugs in Ossining and prevents underage drinking
Esteems the accomplishments of our young people and supports them in making smart choices
Reach Out to Us
Ossining Communities That Care | Alice Joselow, Coordinator | 165 Main Street | Ossining, NY 10562 | 914-502-1304
“Made of Steel” campaign copyright Hellmich 2012. All rights reserved.